We have extensive experience in the following areas:
- Articulation Impairments
- Language/Communication Impairments
- Stuttering/Fluency Disorders
- Swallowing/Feeding Disorders
- Voice Disorders
- Apraxia of Speech
- Phonological Disorders
- Autism Spectrum Disorders/PDD
- Down Syndrome
- Cleft Lip/Palate
- Cerebral Palsy
- Craniofacial Anomalies
- Head Trauma
- Hearing Loss/Cochlear Implant
- Learning Disabilities
- Auditory Processing Disorder
Two Years of Age:
- Produce h,b,p,n,m
- Have an expressive vocabulary of 50-100 words and understand 300 words.
- Begin to produce two word phrases, name objects in pictures and follow simple directions.
Three Years of Age:
- Produce k,g,t,d,f
- Have an expressive vocabulary of 800-1500 words and understand 1200-2000 words.
- Answer “who, what, and where” and follow 2-3 step directions.
Four Years of Age:
- Produce -ing,y,tw,kw
- Have an expressive vocabulary of 900-2000 words and understand >2800 words.
- Begin to understand prepositions, identify colors and shapes, make inferences, and identify categories of objects.
Five Years of Age:
- Produce sh,v,l,j
- Ask “how” questions, begin to sequence stories, follow 3 step directions, name 10 primary colors and count to 20
Six Years of Age:
- Produce: all s blends and l blends, th, ch, s, z. (All sounds should be mastered at 7 years of age)
- Count items and give correct number, define simple words, rhyme, use irregular plurals, understand time concepts, and identify sounds of letters.